Live Binder

Monthly Archive

Our Pet

my pet!
You are viewing a "read only" archived blog from year 2012.

How to make a Vegemite Sandwich

Last updated 07 February 2012, 12:20 PM

We have been reading the story called 'Possum Magic' by Mem Fox. In the story Hush, the possum, was invisible. Hush and her Grandma Poss travelled all over Australia trying to find 'people food' to make Hush visible again. She tried pumpkin scones in Brisbane, mornay and Minties in Melbourne, steak and salad in Sydney and Anzac biscuits in Adelaide but none of those things worked. Then they went to Darwin and ate a Vegemite sandwich and her tail appeared! Then she had pavlova in Perth and her legs and her body appeared! Last of all she went to Tasmania and ate a lamington and she could be seen from HEAD TO TAIL!

Today we made a Vegemite sandwich. We had to give each other instructions to make it. Here are some of the words we used:

Some of us have never had vegemite before. It tasted salty. 5 people liked it and 4 people didn't.

Have a look at our photos.

what we need tl1
spread lar
jib jacnour

What do you like on your sandwich?

Abdurahman says:

07 Feb 2012 at 04:37 PM

I liked half of the vegemite sandwhich.

Mrs Thompson says:

07 Feb 2012 at 06:22 PM

Here's the Web address to Wordle so you can make some more beautiful word clouds about any topic you like. Just type the address into your browser and hit enter. Have fun! http://www.wordle.net/

Lara says:

07 Feb 2012 at 09:02 PM

Today we made vegemite sandwiches. It was easy I spread the vegemite on the bread it was so delicious. It wasn't really yummy it tasted funny!I had a great time with Miss Mason and Miss Thompson.

MissH says:

07 Feb 2012 at 09:45 PM

Vegemite is a yummy sandwich. I like to eat it on fresh white bread. My favourite type of sandwich is chicken and salad. :)

jibreel says:

10 Feb 2012 at 04:42 PM

I loved the Vegmite sandwich because it had a funny taste.

NoahA says:

10 Feb 2012 at 06:47 PM

I don't like vegemite. My favourite sandwich is Cheese with salad in lebanese bread.

zz says:

12 Feb 2012 at 08:16 PM

I really didn't like the Vegemite sandwich. It had a funny salty taste. I prefer to eat a salad sandwich, or a chicken and salad sandwich mmmmm delicious.

Noah M says:

24 Feb 2012 at 07:15 AM

Hi 1/2 orange I like your vegemite sandwich.They look cool.

Ms Kirkpatrick says:

29 Feb 2012 at 08:51 PM

Hello Orange All Stars. Did you see a flag on the Vegemite jar? Do you know what flag it is? It's there because this year is special. Can you see 5 circles too? They are a clue about what will happen this year. Do you know?

Nomie says: